Jun 12, 2007

Hangover City !

Ug,

Some times after a night of drinking I wake up feeling refreshed - as though the cathartic flow of PBR has exfoliated my soul, leaving me nimble and spry as a faun. This morning is not one of those times. My eyes feel crusty, even though I just washed my face, and my thoughts are like a weather balloon drifting aimlessly around an empty sky; if my brain was a hand, then right now it would be too weak to grip a pencil.

Not that that's a bad thing ! It's kind of relaxing to let your brain go on vacation once in awhile. Maybe we should stop thinking of hangovers as a bad thing and call them by the euphemism "brain vacation". It's almost a zen thing.

I was reading in some psychology article that the lower a person's IQ, the less they get bored, because they are easily entertained. It makes sense. And while having a fuzzy-brained hangover certainly doesn't help me come up with any bright ideas, it's not boring. I am quite content to sit here this morning, sipping my coffee, spacing out . . . humming along . . .uh . . .what was I saying?

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Yeah man... I have become the "two beer an outing" type of guy as of late. I am actually trying to be healthy still with the running and non-smoking and such...

Superfrog said...

Just in case yr. wondering . . .I'm not leaving comments on my own blog. That was a DIFFERENT guy also named Anthony who left above comment.

Oh, but I guess now I am leaving a comment on my own blog . . .but I . . . .I AM SUPERFROG!

Anonymous said...

but i thought your name was superfrog...

i'm so confused...

Anonymous said...

You drunk, what do you think anything can be writen about... You know damn well, hangovers are spirtiual and your not supposed to talk about them over a damn blog page. Pure blasphamy.